Friday, February 14, 2014

YouTube or Deep-Dark-Hole-of-Weirdness?

Bonjour!

Why the French greeting? Oh no reason.. just that we're getting a French exchange student in the summer! :D

Okay, okay. Back to the topic at hand. YouTube. DUN DUN DUN

If you don't know what YouTube is, you should probably come out from below the rock you've been living under. YouTube is slowly becoming more popular than TV, so I think we need to discuss it.

Like anyone else, I enjoy the popular YouTubers such as TheFineBros, Shane Dawson, and danisnotonfire. I also like some of the more underground people like TheThirdPew, Savannah Brown, and Myles from itsamemyleo. But have you ever noticed that whenever you go onto YouTube to look for something, you end up getting sucked into this, simply put, deep, dark hole of weirdness.

For example, I will log onto YouTube looking for a new vlog or music video, and then just keep clicking the videos that show up on the sidebar. Before I know what's going on, BAM! It's 12 hours later and I've just missed an entire half a day. I look around, my clock says 4AM, people have started to think I'm dead, and I'm in the middle of a video on How To Talk To Your Giraffe. Can anyone relate? Sidenote - for a more visual representation of what I'm trying to say, watch Easily Distracted by TheThirdPew ;D

What was the point of this post you ask? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Hey, in my defense, I did say I was going to write about my strange internal dialogues. I have this discussion with myself about YouTube all the time! No. I am definitely NOT crazy. Yes. I desperately NEED a social life.

Woah woah woah, we're getting off track..

Let's see if I can come of with a "moral of the story".. um.. let's see..

OH I GOT IT!!!

In your life, you're gonna set a lot of goals for yourself and those around you. Don't let the little (or big) distractions get in the way of you achieving your goals. You might end up in a deep, dark hole of weirdness.

Now that the sappy, OhI'mGoingToTurnMyLifeAroundRightThisMinute part is over, let's see about this sendoff sentence..

-Insert Cheesy But Witty Sendoff Sentence Here-

Yup, that should do it.

So I guess we're done here.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment